Day 1 of the 15 Day Book Blogging Challenge

April at Good Books and Good Wine had a pretty good idea to have 15 posts about a variety of book blogging related topics. The topics are interesting and this seems fun, so I decided to participate.

Day 1 is for 15 Book Related Confessions

1. I sometimes pick up books based solely on the cover without reading the synopsis.

2. I pick books based on Goodreads average stars- if it's over 3.60, I usually check it out. Anything under 3.5 is usually not read.

3. I have a terrible memory when it comes to books I've read.

4. I read much less than I used to, and I don't even mind it that much.

5. In general, I don't like getting books for review all that much. I know, free books, but I'm perfectly satisfied with getting my own books.

6. I have some massive fines at the library right now. Goodbye birthday money...

7. I can't wait for the rise of PNR and fantasy/sci-fi/thriller again. I'm really not that into contemporary.

8. I always lose bookmarks. Always. It makes me sad because I've had some pretty cool ones too.

9. My locker and my school bag must be hell for books. Let's just say there are multiple food mishaps...

10. I read ebooks in bunches. I went two months reading only ebooks, now I'm back to print.

11. I have a harder time forcing myself to get around to reviewing ebooks. It's probably why I've decided to limit (to pretty much nothing, recently) my usage of NetGalley. Awesome resource- except doesn't work well for me.

12. The true sign of me being furious with a book is unfollowing the author on Twitter. That's probably the lamest thing ever, but I assure you, it's a big deal.

13. I love new book smell. I hate old book smell. Certain book smells give me a headache. Or at least I blame them when I get a headache.

14. I'm probably never going to read everything on my Goodreads TBR. I don't even use that list that much.

15. There was a book I once considered awful because it had so many spelling and grammar mistakes. I took out a pen and tried to correct them all. By chapter 3 I was done. That is the only time I've ever used sticky notes or written inside of a book (this doesn't include textbooks).

Now it's your turn to confess a few thoughts. Agree/disagree with anything?

-P.E.

8 comments:

  1. I love the smell of new books too! I would love to work in a books store! I will probably never read my whole TBR list either... Great list!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been applying constantly to the bookstore but they've never picked me. It makes me a little sad but I'll persevere!

      Thanks for visiting :)

      -P.E.

      Delete
  2. #14: I will never, EVER finish all the books on my Goodreads TBR! It's simply exploded since I started blogging and I have zero hope of actually catching up to it...
    #11: I wish I could stop requesting books on NetGalley and Edelweiss, but so many of them are so shiny...
    And that many spelling/grammar mistakes in a book is awful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the sucky part about blogging. Great, you've heard about all the awesome books in the world! And guess what, you won't even read half of them!

      ;)

      Thanks for visiting.

      -P.E.

      Delete
  3. Hahaha I actually giggled when you said you went through a book and corrected the errors until the 3rd chapter, that's soooo funny!

    Also, I have a terrible memory about books too.

    And I totally do the same thing with ebooks -- I read them in cycles. Like there are months where I whip through them but then if I get a bad one, that totally just slows down my reading.

    Thanks for joining in, PE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great challenge ;)

      It's funny to look back at but I was really worried then... it was early on in blogging experience and I was terrified of insulting the author, who was really sweet. You live and you learn.

      Thanks for visiting!

      -P.E.

      Delete
  4. I have a bit of a netgalley problem too, I request way too much.. Great confessions:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really like getting books for review either-I feel so much pressure to review whereas with my own books, I can review or not as I like.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?