Day 9: Motivation




The 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge is hosted  by April at Good Books and Good Wine.  I'm more than halfway through the challenge! Woohoo!

Recap: 

I don't know what's up with me but recently, I've been linking these challenges to songs. Today's challenge asks why do I blog about books? As soon as I read that, this song popped up in my head. Warning, the video is said to be explicit.

My motivation

This is a hard question because it depends. Sometimes, it's because I'm bored and want to do something. Blogging is time consuming and a worthwhile venture. It makes me a better writer, it makes me feel like I'm doing something that matters, and it's something that I take pride in.

That doesn't explain why I'm a book blogger. I think it's because books are awesome and I love book people. Even if I'm burnt out of reading or reading a book I'm not enjoying, I can admit how awesome book people are. They're levelheaded but they can be silly. They never accept the world as it is; they're constantly imagining new scenarios. They can express themselves, and are open to other opinions. Yeah, these are generalizations, but they're true to me in my life. 

Also, seeing posts like this brilliant one by Chuck Wendig about how special it is for an author to have their book published, but how how it can hurt when not many people know their book... I want to help. I love to talk and share things I like about. Reading an amazing book is an experience that is so fulfilling. I want to have this feeling longer. I want to help spread this feeling. 

I love characters and stories. Every single one of my interests has something to do with that. I like photography because every picture captures a moment that is a story and is part of a greater story. I like hockey because I like watching people who succeed at their dreams and give their all for their passion. I like TV because it immerses me in a different world. 

There's obviously more interests, but one of the best ways to learn of a story is to read a book. I can say honestly that books have helped shape me in a variety of positive ways. I want this to continue. I want to continue to discover and discuss great books; I want to promote great books; and I want to be in a position to let an author know how special their books are. 

Also, I'll do a little shoutout to my co-blogger, Mari. She makes blogging fun. 

I also blog because sometimes it's hard to find a place in the world that belongs to you. Where you can be as crazy as you want to be, or be profound, or do anything you want because this blog is yours, it's you, and this is your voice. And people actually care about what you have to say- they leave comments (which I swear, every single one is like some delicious chocolate that enhances my mood by 150%). They link to you, you talk to them, they talk to you, and you feel like, wow, the world is awesome. 

So that's why I blog.

What's your motivation for blogging? 

-P.E. 

4 comments:

  1. "I love characters and stories. Every single one of my interests has something to do with that."

    "I also blog because sometimes it's hard to find a place in the world that belongs to you."

    So well-put! We completely agree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blog because most of the people in my life, though bookish, don't really read YA or the other kinds of books I like to read. It feels so good to know there are others out there like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's another very interesting point. I'm lucky to have RL friends that read, but I have joined websites and groups because I have interests other friends don't share. Completely agree though.

      -P.E.

      Delete

What do you think?