Spotlight - Such A Rush

Such A Rush - Jennifer Echols

Release Date: December 18, 2012
Publisher: MTV Books
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 336
Buy the Book: Amazon

A sexy and poignant romantic tale of a young daredevil pilot caught between two brothers.

When I was fourteen, I made a decision. If I was doomed to live in a trailer park next to an airport, I could complain about the smell of the jet fuel like my mom, I could drink myself to death over the noise like everybody else, or I could learn to fly.

For Leah Jones, reality is life in a rundown trailer park with an irresponsible mother. But there’s one escape. With an after-school job at the local airstrip, she manages to afford cut-rate flight lessons. At the controls of a small plane, she leaves the trailer park far below, swooping out over the sea in the ultimate rush.

By her senior year of high school, Leah’s dreams come true: she snags a job flying for an aerial banner-advertising business. Then the owner dies suddenly, leaving everything in the hands of his teenage sons: golden boy Alec and adrenaline junkie Grayson. Though Leah has crushed on Grayson for years, she tries to stay clear of the apparently doomed business—until Grayson digs up her most damning secret. Holding it over Leah’s head, he forces her to fly for secret reasons of his own, reasons involving Alec. She’s been drawn into a battle between brothers—and the consequences could be deadly.
Synopsis and cover taken from Goodreads 


Why It's Awesome:

- Set in an airport with pilot protagonists.

- Twin brothers.

- Girl from trailer park and the airline owners sons.

- Coming of age story.

- Emotional roller-coaster

- Perfect beachy/ summer read with the perfect amount of love, lose and fun!
 

Similar Titles:
Perfect Chemistry - Simone Elkeles
Dare You To - Katie McGarry
Lock and Key - Sarah Dessen
Going Too Far - Jennifer Echols
A Midsummer's Nightmare - Kody Keplinger
The DUFF - Kody Keplinger


Comment: 
Personally, I'm a huge fan of Jennifer Echols and her books. I've read them all except for 2 and I have adored each and every one. Saying that, Such A Rush completely blew me away. It is my favourite of all her works and I hope you guys decide to pick it up and give it a shot!

-MARI

6 comments:

  1. I definitely need to check this one out. I've recently read Going Too Far and I absolutely adored it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should for sure! Going Too Far was the first book I read by her and I know what you mean, I've read it multiple times since :)

      -Mari

      Delete
  2. I've seen this one before, but have yet to read it. I LOVE that cover! That hair blowing forward is such a nice touch; it alludes to the fact that she's a pilot. Also, it sorta looks like she's wearing a helmet. And I love the plot, as well. I'll definitely have to get this book!! Thanks for the feature!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the cover is great. I especially like that we don't get to see her face therefore leaving space for our imagination :)

      -Mari

      Delete
  3. ADORE this book. I think Going Too Far is my second favorite...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going Too Far was my favourite going into this one but it got pushed back. Still it's quite incredible on it's own as both the novels are so different and they cover really different characters and settings.

      -Mari

      Delete

What do you think?