Cover Wars: These Broken Stars vs. Cruel Beauty

Cover Wars is a weekly showdown of two of YA's most beautiful covers. The winner, as voted by you, goes on to face a new cover, and wins bragging rights. This is basically a fun way to discuss what we like in YA covers.

Another day, another Cruel Beauty victory. Once again, Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge eviscerated the competition. Will it continue its romp against this week's cover, These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagon Spooner?


What both of these covers have is drama and contrast. Both with very dark colours giving off an urban feel. Cruel Beauty goes for a more simple design while These Broken Stars has a little more going on. They're both covers that will draw the eye. 

Will Cruel Beauty manage another victory? Or will These Broken Stars upset? Your vote determines everything! 

Let the Cover Wars begin!




-P.E.

16 comments:

  1. These Broken Stars definitely! The colors are gorgeous and so is the thin font!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly I'm in the minority, but I prefer the originality of the Cruel Beauty cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a reason Cruel Beauty has won so many times!

      -P.E.

      Delete
  3. This is a real toughie as I adore a pretty dress but I'm staying with Cruel Beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty dresses are great. And who knows, the girl on Cruel Beauty could be wearing one too!

      -P.E.

      Delete
  4. Aaah I love them both! I'm a total sucker for red and black covers though so I think I would vote for Cruel Beauty - plus it's super different like Christina said. These Broken Stars reminds me a bit of the Vortex covers. But both are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red is my favourite colour, so I know what you mean. Agreed, both are totally worthy.

      -P.E.

      Delete
  5. I really like Cruel Beauty. I think it's eye-catching, but very different too. These Broken Stars is beautiful but I still feel like I've seen covers similar to this one before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's respectable. New ideas are hard to find in covers, and so people usually take notice when they see one.

      -P.E.

      Delete
  6. I like these broken stars cuz there's so much sparkles in the background and it just looks so romantic!! Plus, I like the model's dress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the models dress, and agreed, it does look romantic!

      -P.E.

      Delete
  7. Ah! This is really hard. I love both these covers, but I think for the voting, I'm going to go with Cruel Beauty. I love that rose and staircase blended together. It's original.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, Cover Wars! These are always so much fun.

    This is a tough one because both covers are so gorgeous but I think I have to go with Cruel Beauty. I've always had an obsession with swirling princess staircases and wow, that cover! It's completely different from what I have seen on covers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to wear a pretty dress and walk down one of those staircases, so you could say I also have an obsession. :)

      -P.E.

      Delete

What do you think?