Cover Wars: The Winner's Curse vs. Flights and Chimes and Mysterious Times

Cover Wars is a weekly showdown of two beautiful covers. The winner, as voted by you, goes on to face a new cover, and wins bragging rights. This is basically a fun way to discuss what we like in covers.

After a tough battle Flights and Chimes and Mysterious Times managed to pull its victory over the very romantic cover of These Broken Stars. Therefore, it proceeds to face this week's challenger, The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski.


Both covers are quite different but very elegant at the same time. They both have the historic feel with Flights and Chimes and Mysterious Times featuring Gothic architecture and a clock tower whereas The Winner's Curse rocks a beautiful model in an even more beautiful dress. I also love the little detail where the model is holding onto the 'R'. They are two different but undeniably gorgeous covers. Now it's up to you guys to decide which one moves on.

Wish to vote for your favourite? The poll can be found below and also on the side bar. You have a week to vote and comment on your favourite cover.

Let the Cover Wars begin!


Which cover should win Cover Wars?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

8 comments:

  1. I'm going for the romance and pretty big dress of The Winner's Curse but I expect it will face some stiff competition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt about that! Last week it was super close. I'm curious to see who pulls ahead this week. :)

      -P.E.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I love Cover Wars! This week I am going for The Winner's Curse. I love how the girl is hanging onto the R. Plus who can resist the pretty dress and shiny dagger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first The Winner's Curse looks like just another cover with a pretty dress but with a closer inspection you see some cool details. The knife and the fingers curled over the R is interesting. R for revenge?

      -Mari

      Delete
  3. Flights and Chimes and Mysterious Times wins hands down, IMO! Though, they are both beautiful. :) This was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's a tough one as both the covers are beautiful, but in different ways.

      -Mari

      Delete
  4. I absolutely ADORE the cover of The Winner's Curse, but I love the steampunk, whimsical feel of the Flights and Chimes and Mysterious Times cover as well. It's a tough one for me, but I'm a sucker for a girl in a gorgeous dress and I love the font treatment as well, so The Winner's Curse takes this one for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Winner's Curse is quite nice with the dress and the font. It's a tough one.

      -Mari

      Delete

What do you think?