Movie News - Vampire Academy Trailer +Extra

This is a pretty exciting time for all us Vampire Academy fans as the release date of the movie gets closer and all the fun things like trailers are being released. Today is one of those days (Wednesday), in which the very first VA: Blood Sisters trailer has been released. Therefore, it is the perfect time to talk about VA and why it's awesome. If you haven't read this series then this post is directed at you, READ IT! If you have read the series then let's talk about what we love most about this series and its epicness. It's an all around VA love-fest, join in!


4 Reasons Why VA is the BEST!

  1. Rose Hathaway is the most tenacious, kick ass, hilarious and exciting female character I've ever read. She is wild and free; there is no time to waste when around Rose.
  2. Dimitri Belikov!!! *Faint-swoon* He is dashing, chivalrous, and troubled .What more can we ask for? But seriously, Dimitri was one of my first book crushes. Both my parents are teachers so I grew up thinking that all teachers should be treated as your parents (with respect). As you can probably see, it takes a lot to make me accept a student-teacher relationship but I didn't even notice the dilemma. Surly, a sign of Mead's awesome writing and Dimitri's godliness!
  3. Strigoi-Moroi-Guardian situation. I love that she strayed from the traditional "evil vampires" or the twilight "sparkly vampires" and made something more understandable. Loved the idea of guardians protecting vampires and a Moroi court. Very interesting and understandable. If there were a superhuman race like vampires, then why would they be living in the dark hunting for their next meal when they can be benefiting from all the opportunities presented by the humans.
  4. Guardians! At one point in all of our lives, we have probably thought about being one of those cool action heroes that help people. I know I have. In another life I would love to be a police officer or security personnel or even better FBI Profiler (yes, Criminal Minds). In all those fantasies we think of strong, thick-skinned people who are not afraid to put their lives at risk for the sake of others. Here, we see that they are normal people with opinions and beliefs that we can understand and no they aren't vampires!

 Cast Analysis


Dimitri Belikov - Danila Kozlovsky
I think he is perfect! I remember when the rights for the movie were first bought and it seemed like everyone in the world wanted Ben Barnes to be Dimitri. I'm sorry for those who were disappointed but I'm really glad they went with Danila. He is Russian, well built, the perfect age and it seems that he has great chemistry with Zoey! Also chocolate brown eyes :)

Rating: 10



Rose Hathaway - Zoey Deutch
I wasn't so sure about her as she looked really skinny and dainty in the Beautiful Creatures movie, quite the opposite of how I imagined Rose. Still, her facial features are very Rose-like with the "desert princess" idea.

Rating: 8

Lissa Dragomir - Lucy Fry
I am not a Lissa fan. I don't like the girl but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate her. Lucy is definitely, blond, beautiful with a model-like body. I don't have much to complain about except for her eye colour. The Dragomir green was mentioned a lot just like Harry Potter's green eyes. I'm hoping there will be contacts but you never know.

Rating: 8 

Conclusion: 26/30

Just from their looks and the little that I've heard about them they are a hit! I'm very happy with the actors looks but the acting will be their defining moment.

Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters Trailer



Thoughts:

Action-packed. It looks like they went with the Gossip Girl style, high school for vampires. It kind of reminds me of True Blood, with all the angst and bloodsucking, but I haven't seen a lot of that show so I can't really relate them well. I love the little flashes showing Dimitri and Rose's training. The training scenes were my favourite while reading the books and that's what I'll be looking forward to in the movie. All in all, I think Daniel Waters knows what he is doing and I'm not going to go ahead and form a complete opinion on the movie until after I see more of it. For now, I'm going to stick with "It's going to be a fun watch" and I don't think I'm bringing my brother to the movies with me (Rose and Dimitri bedroom scene looks quite intense!)

What Do You Think? Like/ Dislike?

-MARI


8 comments:

  1. I loved your list on why everyone should read The VA series. Dimitri Belikov is definitely the number one reason for me! :)
    I also really liked how different it was from other vampire books I read and Rose was just fabulous and it was hard not to like her.
    The idea behind the series was unique too.
    I really like the casting for the movie, especially Dimitri's.
    I wasn't too keen on the idea of Ben Barnes (although I love him). I like Danila and I think he looks a lot like I would expect Dimitri to look like. I like Zoey as well. The only one I'm not so sure about is Lissa. I didn't like what I saw on the teaser, but I'm not going to make up my mind about her before the movie is out.
    I love the training scenes that they showed as well and I'll admit that it did look a lot like Gossip Girl style. Hopefully, it's much more than that and it's difficult to judge from such a short trailer.
    Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about Lissa, I imagined her to be more dainty and a "good girl" without a British accent. What's up with the accents now a day? I agree, keeping my fingers crossed, really hope it is good!

      -Mari

      Delete
  2. The Vampire Academy series is one of my favorites <3 It's actually what got me into reading in the first place. But I'm not entirely happy with the cast. Zoey Deutch isn't really Rose to me... I don't know why, I just can't warm up to her. And the trailer wasn't much of anything. *sigh* I hope the movie will be worth it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully it doesn't disappoint and we can find a new favourite actress in Zoey!

      -Mari

      Delete
  3. Excellent post, P.E. I love love VA. I love Christian and Dmitri. And for some reason, I prefer Ben Barnes or Taylor Kitsch to play Dimitri's role for the VA Movie. <3

    I hope that the movie makers will be faithful to the book. I can't stand another fail movie adaptation. >,<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha your not alone on Ben Barnes, he had the fan preference. Definitely agree, faithfulness is a requirement and I have a lot of hope for this movie. It better not disappoint as one of my biggest fears is a bad movie adaptation ruining a great book series.

      -Mari

      Delete
  4. I was a bit disappointed by the trailer because it seemed really different than books. I am still really excited though, I love the VA books so much :D The casting of Rose is spot on in my opinion, although I am a bit iffy about Dimitri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, that's interesting that you're not so sure about Dimitri. I saw the trailer to some of his Russian movies and he looks pretty good hopefully that's true.

      -Mari

      Delete

What do you think?