The Weekly Progress: Good Times Edition

The Weekly Progress is a type of wrap up post that happens every Sunday on The Sirenic Codex looking on the week that was.

Last week was a pretty busy week and I didn't have the chance to post TWP. This week is looking a lot better so hopefully I'll have a lot more time to blog!

Books Read


The Burning Sky wasn't what I was expecting, but it was still an entertaining read. I'm ashamed that I didn't read more last week. Hopefully, this week I can catch up on reading. 

Currently Reading


I've read just a few pages and it looks really good! I'm super excited for this one. I won it in a contest from the library and it's been a book I've been wanting to read since forever. 

Blog Recap

For a while, Mari and I were struggling to think of cool post to write. And then, somehow, we got inspired and both of us have been writing like crazy recently, which means that this week had a nice melange of posts. 


Mari did a post on covers from different parts of the world. Oh, and which book is featured? 


Next, I posted another review, this time for Nova Ren Suma's 17 & Gone.

Mari closed off the week with a post on Happily Ever Afters. I know she's a big proponent of happy endings so I was happy to see her admit that they're not always necessary, and join the dark side of #TeamTragedy.

The Week That Was

Tests, school, homework, and oh yes, it was my seventeenth birthday. I didn't do much for it and I think I have a bit of a Peter Pan complex. That being said, there's a lot to look forward to this week. I'm going to the library on Wednesday which means I'll be bringing home six to ten fabulous new books. YAY! :)

Song of the Week

Maybe this song isn't for everyone, but I LOVE it. The high energy, imperial sounds, the rhythm, everything is so good. The description for this song is "a bomb" and that's pretty much what it is: dramatic and big. Enjoy African Dreams by Jetfire. Turn the music up and enjoy the beats!



Have a great week!


-P.E.

4 comments:

  1. Shadow aaaaaand booooooone :D Love that book. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love prologue/ first chapter thing. I have high hopes!

      -P.E.

      Delete
  2. Oooh I have heard so much about The Burning Sky! I've yet to read Shadow and Bone too but it is on my shelf ready to read soon. Have a great week too, PE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious to see what you think of both books.

      -P.E.

      Delete

What do you think?