The Weekly Progress: Organization Edition

The Weekly Progress is a type of wrap up post that happens every Sunday on The Sirenic Codex looking on the week that was.

Last week, I had a lot to do, and so I'm unbelievably happy that I first, finished it all, and second, did it well! I tried to manage my time much better last week and that resulted in getting a lot of what I wanted accomplished. This week should have more downtime.

Books Read


I didn't read many books this week. I finished Steel Lily, which was a book I've been meaning to read for a while though! It was for review and got lost in my Kobo for a little bit. 

Currently Reading


It's Tessa Gratton! Of course I'd try this book! The author's name is what made me pick up this book, not the cover. I read Blood Magic and thought it was incredibly creepy. I don't know why I haven't heard much about The Lost Sun because the premise seems cool. That being said, this cover does not appeal to me at all. That could just be my personal tastes, though. 

Blog Recap

I hope you guys enjoyed TSC's collaboration with Pass the Chiclets! The Perception Project was something I talked with Eden about for a long time (I think it was supposed to go up in late October/early September) but it took a while to finally get the ball rolling. I'm pretty happy with the results though! 

If you missed it, here are all the posts: 
Day 1: TSC, PtC
Day 2: TSC, PtC
Day 3: TSC, PtC

This week, I also posted a review of Just One Day by Gayle Forman. It's the book that inspired me to try macarons, so it was a good one. 

On Saturday, I posted one of the shorter posts you will ever see me write. It was about books that match up well with songs.

In general, I think it was another good blog week. Next week looks good too with some reviews and discussion posts. 

The Week That Was

I had something due on every day of the week which wasn't fun, but I managed to get everything done with time to spare. Planning early and organizing yourself is so important. I did a lot of the major outlines and drafts for projects on the weekend which left the week to finalize and study for tests. Oh, and I got some idea of what my marks are. They're not as high as they should be, but they're not as bad as they could be either. Once I get into a university, I'm sure I'll stop stressing so much about school. I'm usually the girl that is pretty relaxed so this year is weird. 

Oh, and it's snowing here. Winter is coming...

Song of the Week

I didn't listen to much new music this week (boo) but I like to challenge myself and pick a new song for every week so I picked this song. I love the melody and the atmosphere to Sunrise (Won't Get Lost) by The Aston Shuffle vs Tommy Trash (Tommy Trash version). 



Hope you enjoyed it! Have a great week everybody!

-P.E.

6 comments:

  1. I actually like the cover of The Lost Son. Can't wait to see what you think!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As The Perception Project made clear, everyone has different tastes. :)

      -P.E.

      Delete
  2. I don't much like the cover for The Lost Son either but I really enjoyed reading it-I hope it works out for you.

    I also completely agree about the importance of organizing; I'm starting to plan for my workload in December-February and it's only going to get done if I am diligent about my organizational systems and knowing where all the things I need are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, the writing stands out. I know nothing about Norse Gods so that part is a little confusing, yet exciting too.

      Planning for December to February is super smart. There's so much I want to do and organizing my time is the only way for me to actually do it!

      -P.E.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with all your hard work at school. Hopefully it all pays off! I haven't heard of THe Lost Son or Steel Lily, thanks for sharing. Have a great week PE!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully!

      I'm glad I was able to introduce you to some new books.

      -P.E.

      Delete

What do you think?