The Weekly Progress: Snow

The Weekly Progress is a type of wrap up post that happens every Sunday on The Sirenic Codex looking on the week that was.

I wasn't around the blog very much last week because I was pretty busy. Hopefully, this will be a better week.

DNFs

Usually, I talk about books read. I didn't read a book all week. I'm embarrassed. I did try to get through Above but it didn't work out. 


Currently Reading


I have no idea why this cover is red. Sorry. 

Blog Recap

I wrote about why I like the horror genre. 

Mari wrote a WoW on Magnolia.


I wrote about why I don't like trilogies.


The Week That Was

It's sort of a blur. Monday, I went to a Lauren Oliver event. Wednesday, volunteered at Cozy Night at the library. Thursday was my sister's birthday and Awards Night. This week is probably going to be busy too. My library is planning a Catching Fire night in December that will be super cool. 

Either way, I've had a great time relaxing this weekend. Also, I'm going to watch Catching Fire today so I hope it's just as good as the first movie!

Song of the Week

I seem to alternate between listening to music like crazy and uh, not. Either way, this song is adorbs. I love it. I love the music video too. It's very inspirational, and I'm thinking of growing my hair out and then having it cut and donating it for cancer. If you like the song, check out the behind the scenes series as well. 




Have a great week!
-P.E.

7 comments:

  1. I couldn't get through Above either. I was so disappointed by the writing style and the plot didn't hold my attention either. I've also avoided Ten because I know re-tellings of beloved stories, like And Then There Were None, will never satisfy the way the original did. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the writing killed Above for me, especially when I was completely confused after a major plot event. I never knew Ten was a retelling, and I've probably never read the classic, so I think I'll be fine. :)

      -P.E.

      Delete
  2. Above was just the weirdest thing ever. I keep seeing tinkerbell in its pages. The writing was a bit of a challenge for me as well.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had known all this before reading it. It just didn't make much sense and I didn't have the patience to legitimately give it a shot.

      -P.E.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Sorry for the deleted comment, I made a mistake!)
    I'm dying to read TEN, though I haven't read almost anything about it, just the synopsis.
    I never really wanted to read Abobe, but I like the cover, now I'm sure I won't be reading it soon, maybe someday!
    Thanks for sharing the song. It's super cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, don't worry! I do it too.

      So far, Ten is like a horror movie. I don't like the characters much though so I'm hoping that changes (or at least their deaths are gruesome). Above just wasn't my thing..

      And I'm glad you like the song!

      -P.E.

      Delete

What do you think?