The Weekly Progress: Broken Record

The Weekly Progress is a type of wrap up post that happens every Sunday on The Sirenic Codex looking on the week that was.

I want to blog. I crave it so badly. I want to have time on the internet to write and edit posts. I want to comment on other peoples' posts. I really need a laptop because I'm sick and tired of waiting for people to get over browsing Facebook for the billionth time or watching some type of soccer game at my expense. 

Books Read


Two really good books. I may be in a bad mood, but I read these books within twenty four hours and they both impressed me. I'm still so sad to see that it's the ending of Soul Screamers though. 

Currently Reading


So far, so great. In a rare spurt of Starbucks induced excitement, I walked into a store, saw this book, and desperately felt like I needed it. Beyond the fact that it's by Allie Brosh, whose depression post on her blog was one of the best I've ever read, aesthetically it's stunning with gorgeous colours and images.  

Blog Recap

My review of Rot & Ruin!

Mari reviewed CHAMPION which I'm dying to read. I'm glad to hear it was good!


The Week That Was

Twas a very busy week. Beyond school's extra work, Wednesday was the night of  our Catching Fire event at the library I volunteer at. I was running the Cornucopia challenge, and the whole event featured trivia, a fashion show, bow and arrows, and cupcakes! I think it was a successful event, but we just need to get more older teens to come. I also visited a courtroom for the first time with a field trip. It was fun, I guess, but a little too scary for me. 

Song of the Week

I pick Martin Garrix and Jay Hardway's wizard because it's energetic and exciting. Plus, I just love the melody. I haven't listened to either of them a lot, but I really like this mix so I'll probably try some more. 



Have a great week everyone!

-P.E.

10 comments:

  1. I'm VERY jealous that you have Hyperbole and a Half! I'm still waiting for the library's copy to come in. *grumble* Hope it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beyond awesome. Treasure every moment of it. :)

      -P.E.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, the Hunger Games event sounds so fun! Wish my library had something like that. I know what you mean by the Court Room thing-I went to one once and was so freaked out haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libraries are amazing. I would not read if it weren't for them, and I love volunteering to put on fun events. :)

      I always thought becoming a lawyer would be a good backup plan, but I don't know if I can handle the people there. I still am interested in law though!

      -P.E.

      Delete
  3. Wishing you the best on the laptop front!
    I'm finally going to see Catching Fire today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy it! I thought it was perfect, and so I'm really hoping you love it too! And thanks :)

      -P.E.

      Delete
  4. I really need to read the Soul Screamers books - I've heard so many great things about them and now is the perfect time since the series is finished! Hope you get that laptop you're wishing for!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you should definitely check them out. They just get better and they're one of the really amazing, underrated series out there.

      -P.E.

      Delete
  5. I just recieved Hyperbole and a Half from the library today and can't wait to get started on it. I hear it is really really good. I'll be on the look out for your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! It's one of the best books of the year imo. Enjoy!

      -P.E.

      Delete

What do you think?