The Weekly Progress: Almost Done

The Weekly Progress is a type of wrap up post that happens every Sunday on The Sirenic Codex looking on the week that was.

It's been an insanely busy week with me handing in like a billion projects. I don't anticipate next week being much easier, but that's typically what happens in January as classes finish. February will bring some new classes in, but January is all about finishing up. As these are marks universities will be looking for, I can't afford to mess up. I'm not stressed out (yet) but I am trying very hard to do as much as I can.

Books Read

I read both of these in the past day. I felt ashamed for not having read anything all week and decided I would give myself a break on Friday/Saturday. Both are very different, and I like them both. Needless to say, reviews are upcoming. :)

Currently Reading


I wasn't overly into the first, but I read a wonderful review for Resist that convinced me to try it out. I'm hoping I enjoy this one more. Either way, I like the diversity in genres I've been reading recently. 

Blog Recap

This isn't much of a recap because I had no idea what was going on this week. I'm so glad Mari and I were on a blogging spree during the holidays because without those, we wouldn't have much to post these days. Whoops. 

Mari started off the week with her post on why she loves fantasy. Behold: awesome gifs!

Next, Mari did a WoW for The Star Thief. I'm curious about it too. I think I'll make her read it, and then tell me if I need to read it too. :p

This is the part where I get really sad that I wasn't around more to promote my review of Hyperbole and a Half, which is not strictly YA but who cares because it's one of the most awesome books I read in 2013. It may even had made my 2013 list if I uh, didn't write the list a month before 2013 ended. 

Next we did a discussion post on novellas. Mari and I aren't that into them, but apparently we're a minority. 

I reviewed Ten! It was the book form of a horror movie.

The Week That Was

A pretty boring week. Work work work. Blah. I wish I was on the blog more, but I probably won't have time until February. That being said, I'm still going to try to edit lots of post to make sure we don't fall behind schedule. And I'll make sure to read as well. This is always the worst week of the school term because by now, I've done a lot of work but the end doesn't arrive until two weeks later. 

Song of the Week

I don't know if I picked this song before. That's because it's not a new song, but somehow it is constantly in my head. Like, I breathe in the tune of this song. There is this part with the main melody with this sharp kind of resonating tone that is like an eargasm. I don't say that often, but it's true. This song is my addiction and I'm in a bad mood when I can't hear it. It's like I crave that one melody. Gah. Just listen to it: this is Animals by Martin Garrix. 



Thanks for reading guys, and I hope you all have a great week!
-P.E.

4 comments:

  1. Busy weeks! At least you managed to get some down time and read some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read some reviews on More Than This - sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very interesting, that's for sure. :)

      -P.E.

      Delete

What do you think?