The Weekly Progress: A Good Week Edition

The Weekly Progress is a type of wrap up post that happens every Sunday on The Sirenic Codex looking on the week that was.

It blows my mind that last weekend was the end of the holidays. It's been a week, but they feel like they occurred months ago. Anyway, this week was all about getting back into the schedule.

Read

Two books isn't bad. It's not great either. I read my first JLA book, and the second to a series I was pretty excited about. Neither book blew me away, but neither was awful either. I've written reviews for both. 

Currently Reading


I just started it and it's very slow so far. I know that is the style, so I'm hoping I'll get more "into" it as I get further along in my reading. Right now, I'm trying to finish some school work before getting very far into the book. Also, I love the cover. 

Blog Recap


Mari did a WoW for Far From You, and I'm just as excited for this book as she is. 

I also did a DNF review for Above

In Let's Talk About Gorgeous, I gushed about Josephine Angelini's covers because they are my favourites, and I asked people to tell me about their favourite covers. 

It was Mari's birthday this week! Happy birthday to her! She's 18 now which means she's an adult and old. In all seriousness, it's an enormous milestone and I hope she enjoys this milestone. She got some pretty great books though! Here's her STS/Showcase Sunday.

The Week That Was

I finished all my actual applications for university (yay!) and now I have to start applying for scholarships and grants. Hopefully I'm accepted to somewhere really good soon. 

I was in a surprisingly good mood all week, and I think part of that can be attributed to my favourite hockey team having their longest win streak of the season (4 games. It's a big deal folks!) and I think part of my New Year's Resolution is just to enjoy the moment more. It's a little lame, but I picked "Sparkle" as my word of 2014 and changed my phone's background to a diamond in order to remind myself that every day is a day to enjoy and make the most of. 

2014 is off to a great start for me, and I can't wait to see what this year will bring.

Song of the Week

This song is SO MUCH FUN. So this week I heard this really great preview for a song that was trap, and I would have used that preview because I listened to it about a billion times, but that song comes out tomorrow. Instead, I searched for other trap songs and found this. Trap is like trance + rap so there's electronic sounds in really cool beats. It's not for everyone, but I love this one, especially how it changes the pace of the rhythm. 



Hope you guys had a great week!
-P.E.

8 comments:

  1. I love the Hemlock series by Kathleen Peacock. But I haven't had the chance to read Thornhill yet. JLA and I haven't had a great reading rapport so I'm not really jumping the gun on Cursed.

    Here's to a great week, P.E. !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little disappointed in Thornhill, so hopefully you don't feel that way. I thought Cursed was very light and breezy. Thanks for visiting!

      -P.E.

      Delete
  2. Be prepared for More than this! So weird and strange.Happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, weird and strange? I really want to like this book now. :P

      -P.E.

      Delete
  3. Ahhh, I hope you come to like More Than This soon! We should totally have a discussion about it because it's super-meta. :P And whoa, did not know "trap" existed. My musical horizons definitely need broadening, haha. Also, CONGRATS on finishing uni applications! See, they weren't as bad as you thought, right? ;) And I think "sparkle" is a great word. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I just got tired of doing them and decided to send them in. Whatever happens now is up to the universe.

      I really hope I like More Than This, just because everyone else seems to have!

      & I love trap. I think I heard this song called "Mara" and from there I started exploring more songs.

      Glad you like sparkle. I think it's great too. :P

      -P.E.

      Delete
  4. Enjoying the moment more is a very good word for the year! If I had to choose one, it'd probably be "fight".
    Sending you positive vibes for acceptance in a cool uni and getting some grants too!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?