Epic Recs



I ran across this feature from Paper Riot a few weeks ago and decided this was something I would love to do with Mari. Basically, I will be recommending a book to her, and she will do the same to me. For our challenge, we will be providing the books we recommend. By the end of the month, we have to read the other's book and share our thoughts on it.

P.E.'s Epic Rec


I really want everyone in the world to read this book. I'll settle with starting with Mari. I adored this book. It's one of my favourite books ever, and I really want everyone else to read it and love it too. I'm also incredibly curious to see Mari's reaction. (Aka, SHE BETTER LOVE IT.)

Mari's Epic Rec



I'm already getting nervous! It seems that P.E.'s books are lacking a little bit of romance/normal teenage life. So, I thought Such a Rush would be a great reintroduction to contemporary YA romance. This will be interesting as it's not something she would usually pick up. Either way, Jennifer Echols is one of my favourite authors and Such a Rush is one of her best works (according to moi). You better like it!

What do you think of our recs? 

- P.E. & Mari


13 comments:

  1. I totally approve of the Such a Rush recommendation! It was my first Echols book and ermehgerd, it was fabulous. I'm so glad you both decided to take part in Epic Recs! I hope you have a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've always been meaning to read Such a Rush, so this kind of forces me to do it. :) And it's a really great feature. Hopefully, we'll be doing this again next month.

      -P.E.

      Delete
  2. I JUST put Hyperbole and a Half on hold at the library-I can not wait to read it! She's one of my favorite bloggers and her humor is so similar to mine :) Great recs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I can't wait to read your thoughts about it. I love her blog too! I wish she would write more though.

      -P.E.

      Delete
  3. I'm waiting for Hyperbole and a Half to arrive from TBD, and I cannot wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ridiculous how excited this book makes me. Anyway, link me your thoughts on it okay? I can't wait to see what you think :)

      -P.E.

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed Such a Rush, I haven't heard of the other one, I'm going to have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hearing lots of good reviews for it, so hopefully I'll like it :)

      -P.E.

      Delete
  5. This will be fun... if I had a co-blogger I would do this too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to have a co-blogger to do it! You can pick any blogging buddy.

      -P.E.

      Delete
  6. ooh I LOVE Such A Rush! I am glad Mari chose it for you P.E!!

    also, Red Rising IS part of a series (a part of my review of Cruel Beauty ended up on Red Rising so that's the mix up.. grr).

    I love Epic Recs, I participate with Mel @ The Daily Prophecy and because of her I read Shadow & Bone which I ended up falling in love with!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to see that Mari's choice is so well liked!

      & don't worry about it, mixups happen.

      Shadow and Bone is so good. Mel made a really awesome rec. I feel like this is a fun feature because it forces me to read books I might not necessarily make time for on my own.

      -P.E.

      Delete

What do you think?