The Weekly Progress: Sorry I'm Late! Edition

The Weekly Progress is a type of wrap up post that happens every Sunday on The Sirenic Codex looking on the week that was.

I must be losing my touch because I straight up forgot to write this post. On Saturday morning, I made a mental note to write it on Saturday night, but then I forgot, and now I feel like a bit of an idiot. (Okay, a lot an idiot.) In fairness, I've spent all weekend wondering how I'm going to finish my projects for next week, and hoping beyond all hope that I've gotten into my first choice university (so far, I'm at "Ready for review"). 

Books Read


Funny story: I was halfway through Goddess by Josephine Angelini when it expired on my Kobo, and so I had to start a new book. Fangirl was a pretty great read though, so I can't complain. 

Currently Reading

I don't know? I got some ARCs from the library this week (my teen librarian is awesome and shares them with us) so I want to start those, but if I can, I will try to get Goddess again so I can finish it. Also, there's the Epic Rec Mari will be giving me...

On The Blog

I reviewed Tarnish, which was a pretty great historical read about the girl that became Anne Boleyn. 

Mari is kind of gaga over the Grave Mercy series, so I'm not surprised she picked Mortal Heart for her WoW.



And I reviewed Mari's Epic Rec, Such a Rush, which was really not my style to read. I suppose that's the point of Epic Recs though- to force each other to read different types of books!

Overall, I feel like I should be around the blog more, but I think we had some fun this week with our posts. 

The Week That Was

I did two accounting tests last week and I did miserably on both. That was the kick in the butt I needed to get me to study more, because I am so close to being done with high school and I only need two more high marks and I'm done. The other two are safety blankets. 

I was also going through some Olympic withdrawal. I miss watching games knowing the team I cheer for can win. This is especially painful considering my favourite hockey team has lost its last two games by a score of 13 to 3. It's a far cry from Team Canada's dominance, but I guess life goes on. 

In good news, after this week it's March Break which means I'll have time to recharge the creative juices and actually write some posts. We're kind of down on those.

Song of the Week

The vocals are unbelievable. Her voice is perfection, and this song is one of those that can really make me forget about where I am, just because it's so engrossing. It's by Stadiumx and Taylr Renee, and it's called Howl at the Moon. It's absolutely gorgeous, (especially at a little after the one minute mark) so I hope you like this one. Oh, and I'm not surprised it's released by Protocol Recordings, which is absolutely awesome. 



Hope you guys all had a great week!

-P.E.

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't do great on your tests, I actually failed my first microbiology quiz last week too :( But like you said it was the kick in the but that I needed. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll both do better next time, right? It's hard sometimes because you study so hard, and the test ends up being material that you weren't expecting... Anyway, you can't control the test, but you can control your preparation!

      -P.E.

      Delete
  2. If it makes you feel any better I did pretty badly on my calculus test.. And we have another one on tuesday!! (Make it end!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HATE the thought of doing the calculus test. I have a philosophy project on Tuesday, and a massive French project for Thursday. I'm not used to being busy during second semester!

      -P.E.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your tests, but I know you can do it with some more study :D!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I think the worst part is knowing that you can do better. I guess I have to keep faith and hopefully, everything will work out.

      -P.E.

      Delete
  4. March! You're down to the wire, PE! Don't let the burgeoning summer break ruin your last few school work, missy! Do I sound parental? Lol.

    Anyway, you guys are kicking ass on the posting front, so I wouldn't be too worried.

    Go Team Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't worry, I love it. I think I'm the type of person that needs to be pushed, and lately I have been way too indulgent.

      I think our success comes from having so many scheduled posts. At some point we had over a month in future posts ready, but by now I expect we have two weeks. Organization is great! (Now I just need to apply it to the rest of my life... :P)

      #WeAreWinter (but since it's over, now #WeAreSpring please!)

      ;)

      -P.E.

      Delete

What do you think?