WoW - Messenger of Fear



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

Messenger of Fear

September 24, 2014

Mara wakes in a field of dead grass, a heavy mist pressing down on her. She is terrified, afraid that she is dead. Then a beautiful young man dressed in black appears. He calls himself Messenger of Fear.

This boy is able to move effortlessly through space and time. He also sees the darkness in human hearts. He sees the evils done: the destructive lies, the cruelty, the bullying, the violence. And if the world does not bring justice to those who do evil, he will. He offers the wicked a game. If they win, they go free. If they lose, they will live their greatest fear. Either way, their sanity will be challenged.

It is a world of fair but harsh justice. Of retribution and redemption. And mystery. Why was Mara chosen to be the Messenger’s apprentice? What has she done to deserve this terrible fate? She won’t find out until three of the wicked receive justice. And when she does, she will be shattered.


I never did read Michael Grant's Gone series, but I know P.E is a big fan so it must be good. This one look especially good though. I love the idea of a "Messenger of Fear" and how Mara is an apprentice. The game is interesting and mysterious. I just really want to know what all of this is about!


What Are You Waiting On?

-MARI 

12 comments:

  1. Okay, adding this to my TBR pile... NOW. Love the cover for this and the summary sounds so good :) Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I hope it's as good as it sounds :)

      -Mari

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this one before but it looks really good! I'm definitely going to look it up on Goodreads :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is very ominous and the book sounds quite unusual!
    I haven't read anything by this author before either, but I'm quite curious about this one!
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't too interested in his Gone series but this seems like something I would like. Now i can finally find out what all the fuss is about :)

      -Mari

      Delete
  4. Umm this sounds awesome!! I never read the Gone series either - heard mixed things about it overall - but this one sounds right up my alley and hello that cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I love the cover and was quite shocked it was a Michael Grant book since it's different from his usual books. But who am I to complain about beautifulness. Can't wait.

      -Mari

      Delete
  5. ooh haven't heard of this one but it sounds amazing.
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Michael Grant. This one looks awesome

    Great Pick!

    My WoW pick

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?