WoW - Since You've Been Gone



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

Since You've Been Gone

May 6, 2014

The Pre-Sloane Emily didn't go to parties, she barely talked to guys, she didn't do anything crazy. Enter Sloane, social tornado and the best kind of best friend—the one who yanks you out of your shell.But right before what should have been an epic summer, Sloane just... disappears. No note. No calls. No texts. No Sloane. There’s just a random to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-selected-definitely-bizarre-tasks that Emily would never try... unless they could lead back to her best friend. Apple Picking at Night? Ok, easy enough.Dance until Dawn? Sure. Why not? Kiss a Stranger? Wait... what?

Getting through Sloane’s list would mean a lot of firsts. But Emily has this whole unexpected summer ahead of her, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected) to check things off. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go Skinny Dipping? Um...


I'm going back to listing for this one in order to keep myself from fangirl-ing too much.


  • It's a Morgan Matson book! I loved Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, it is one of my favourite road trip book. Then she came out with, Second Chance Summers. That book made my cry. I can't wait to see what she has in store for us in this one.
  • I already relate to Emily in the sense that I'm quite introverted and suck at partying. 
  • The list sounds fun. I've read a couple "to-do list" books and they always end up being quite fun.
  • It may be spring but the snow has just settled in and I don't think it plans to go away anytime soon, so I would love me a summer book right now.
  • I love the cover! I see green grass!

P.S. I love the song Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson too!

What Are You Waiting On?

-MARI 

10 comments:

  1. That was actually my first thought when I saw the title - Since U Been Gone. I love it, too ^.^
    And to-do lists always make a book more interesting, huh? I gotta be on the look out for this one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it has anything to do with the song as they had to have known about it.

      -Mari

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a fun book, not exactly my usual read (not a big contemp fan) but I might have to check it out once I hear what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to thing that there is a contemporary book for every reader this one (or another one) might be for you.

      -Mari

      Delete
  3. Awesome pick! I can't wait to get my hands on this one too! It sounds really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read this book! That Kelly Clarkson song is one of her best :) This book is similar to the book I've chosen for my WoW except this is more YA. Hope you get your hands on it soon :))

    Check out my WoW here!

    Laura @ What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly Clarkson is awesome and I've always wanted a book that was based on her song so maybe this is it.

      -Mari

      Delete
  5. This book sounds so good. I can't wait to read this one too. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?