9 Adult Books I Covet

I know I could do a Waiting on Wednesday, but Mari usually does that and I have a list of books I want to read that are not very YA-like. I know a lot of you guys are well read, so I was just curious to see your thoughts on some of these.

1.

I have an extreme fascinating with special intelligence units. I had a phase that was just as prevalent as my "vampire" phase where I stocked the shelves and my library's catalogue searching for any book about spies. I adore the secrecy and the terrible importance of it all. So, I want to read this book very badly.

2. 

Rob Ford became a bit of a joke in politics last semester, and he is Toronto's mayor. I remember reading a ridiculously long Globe and Mail article about his family and being completely fascinated with it all. I've never read a book like this, and I totally want to. 

3. 

I first heard about this one in a review. It got me curious, then when I browsed in store, I realized how awesome it looked. I've never read a story from a mother's point of view, and this one seems like a great place to start. I'm very excited to try this one!

4. 

He's a celebrity in Canada, and his book has some phenomenal reviews. I've always been interested in space, so I think this book from the point of view of someone with a rare career would be something I'm interested in. I really do crave a "big" book, if you know what I mean. 

5. 

You Are Not So Smart was one of the most awesome books I've read in my life, just because I learned so much. Now this book from the same author is something I've been planning to read since forever. I love reading about logical fallacies and discovering psychological tricks that the mind plays on itself. 

6. 

Ever since this book came out, I've adored the cover. I then stumbled upon one of the gushiest, yet literate reviews I've ever read and I was completely sold. This book seems to have smart mystery and drama, and it looks so exciting too. If I ever see it, I will read it as soon as possible. 

7. 

We all know I'm not much of a zombie fan. But, this book seems incredible. It's actually about recounting one of my worst nightmares, a zombie war, and it seems like it does a pretty great job too based on the average rating it has on Goodreads. Be forewarned though: I didn't watch the film, nor do I plan to. I can't stand zombies. Maybe this isn't a good book to read for me... I may never sleep again. 

8. 

I'm curious about people, and uh, how to deal with them. This book seems plenty useful. Plus, it's one of the most popular books ever, and I guess I want to know what all the hype is about. 

9. 

I very rarely fangirl about anybody as extensively as I do about Tessa & Scott. It started with watching their really really awesome reality TV show, and then I fell in love with them and their dynamic. This book is a must read, and my review of it will be the BEST and LONGEST review ever because of all the incredible gifs. I adore them. 


I was supposed to get to 10, but I think I'll save my tenth for another list (Note: I haven't thought of #10 yet, and would love to hear your recommendations in the comments!)


-P.E.

6 comments:

  1. I want to read Night Film so bad as well! It sounds so good and I'm always up for another great mystery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I've heard it's one of the better mysteries out there. Something about it just makes me feel like I should read it!

      -P.E.

      Delete
  2. I read and LOVED World War Z! It's such a different kind of narrative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm super curious about that one. I've seen some people with it after the movie came out (although I haven't seen it).

      -P.E.

      Delete
  3. Dude. You need to read these:

    1. Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore
    2. The Storied Life of AJ Fikry
    3. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
    4. Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
    5. Before Ever After by Samantha Soho
    6. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
    7. My Most Excellent Year
    8. Archetype by MD Waters

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU. Lol I'm going to remember this post and look for some of these books next time I visit the library. I've already seen The Rosie Project and Crazy Rich Asians in store, and I was wondering about them. Glad to hear they're good!

      -P.E.

      Delete

What do you think?