The Weekly Progress: That Was Fun Edition



The Weekly Progress is a type of wrap up post that happens every Sunday on The Sirenic Codex looking on the week that was.

This week was awesome. Monday was Victoria Day, so no school, and Friday was a field trip to Montreal so it was pretty much a three day school week. And I really don't mind those! Anyway, I had lots of fun seeing family and exploring Montreal, and I kind of wish more weeks were like this. 

Books Read


Last Saturday I read Sophie's World and Champion. This week I finished Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Mass. I wasn't a fan of Throne of Glass, but I gave the series another shot after reading so many positive reviews of Crown of Midnight. I think the ending of Crown of Midnight really fixed a lot of the issues I had with both books, and now I'm planning on reading the rest of the series. 

Currently Reading


Contemporary alert! So far, I haven't been able to really relate with the main character nor is the story page turning, but I'm not that far in and expect the story to pick up. 

On the Blog

I FINALLY finished Sophie's World and reviewed it. 

I'm really glad I'm good at online shopping because otherwise it would be embarrassing that I suck so much at real life shopping and still haven't bought a prom dress

This next post is one of my "babies", you know, the posts you actually like and are proud of. It began with me ranting as per usual about why authors shouldn't tell readers how to read.


And if you're curious to see what I thought of Sophie's World less than halfway through when the prospect of finishing the book seemed impossible, here is my post!

I don't think Mari nor I have been very good bloggers lately. We're behind on posts, we haven't been reading much, we're scrambly. Good thing is that we're starting to pick it up and I've read more, so I've reviewed more, and we're in the process of writing some discussion posts. I need a new idea for a ranty/long post, so let me know if there are any topics you'd like us to cover in the comments!

The Week That Was

It's always nice to see family you haven't seen in a while. My family is not very close, so I'm always surprised at how much I enjoy seeing my aunts and cousins. It just feels safe, y'know?

Okay, enough of the sentimental stuff. Montreal is such a cool city! I think the city is really good at putting beauty into small spaces. On the walls, in parks, in the metro, there are so many pieces of artwork and I love this kind of urban design. It's putting a little beauty into a random wall that I love because it's thoughtful. Also, cool buildings everywhere!

Song of the Week

We've talked about my love of classic style vocals, right? No wonder I love this song. The chorus is really the part that I love, and I love the very relaxed vibe. It's very easy to listen to, and I have to say, I love the buildups. It's another Avicii song that I didn't love right away, but that grew on me. 



Hope you guys all have a great week!

-P.E.

0 comments:

What do you think?