Cover Wars: The Conspiracy of Us vs. The Walls Around Us

Cover Wars is a weekly showdown of two beautiful covers. The winner, as voted by you, goes on to face a new cover, and wins bragging rights. This is basically a fun way to discuss what we like in covers.

A new week, a new Cover Wars. It's between The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hull versus the champion The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma.




We have two very different covers here. We have a beautiful contemporary blue cover. My favourite thing and something new that I've been seeing a lot lately is the grid-like figure that's started to show up on some covers. This one works quite well. My only complaint is that I wish the cover took up some more real estate or had something special going.  The Walls Around Us on the other hand is awash in colours and characters. I appreciate how the title has been worked into the cover.

May the voting commence!



6 comments:

  1. The Walls Around Us. Most def. A girl wearing a swirling gown is so overdone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love The Walls Around Us, I voted for The Conspiracy of Us cause I love the use of the grid, the whole placement of the girl and the compass and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also really enjoying the grid style. It's really nice on the eyes.

      -Mari

      Delete
  3. Yay we were able to vote this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Sorry about last time, hopefully this poll will cooperate with us for a long while.

      -Mari

      Delete

What do you think?