The Weekly Progress: First Week Of University, Done!

The Weekly Progress is a type of wrap up post that happens every Sunday on The Sirenic Codex looking on the week that was.


The first week of classes has come and gone! Here's what my week has been like.

Books Read



One, and it was for school. I read Antigone, and I enjoyed it. I liked how complex the story is, and it incorporates so many developments in a very short amount of text. I would not read this text for myself, but I do enjoy it because it provokes fascinating discussions. 

Currently Reading


I stayed up until 2 a.m. yesterday reading the first story. Surprisingly, I enjoy this foray into Four's perspective much more than in Allegiant. 

On the Blog

We had some reviews this week! First, I adore Torn Away by Jennifer Brown. I bawled and it hurts, but it's just a book that is so underrated and is definitely worth reading. 

We're at college, so Mari and I compiled our version of college reading lists!

Mari also reviewed Queen of Someday, which is a book I enjoyed more than she did which is always sad.  

And for Mari's WoW, she picked Red Queen, which at the very least has an epic cover. 

The Week That Was

Routine is starting to settle in. I've finally found a source of books (a million thank yous should be sent to Mari) and I've had a week of class. School is intensive, but it seems manageable right now. I guess the hard thing is now doing well in school. Note taking and organization are turning out to be such important skills. 

Song of the Week

So recently, I seem to be very into electro! Here's a more "hard" sound that still has great melodies, and I love how you can totally lose yourself in the music of this song. It sounds different from other songs too, which is always important because a lot of drops sound very similar. It's Error Code by Case & Point.



Have a wonderful week!
-P.E.

4 comments:

  1. I should read my copy of Antigone. My copy has illustrations and is written in an opaque paper. It's really cool. Anyway, I hope you'll have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh it sounds very pretty! And thanks, you too!

      -P.E.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on surviving your first week of college! I remember when I moved onto campus, I was just a mess of emotions and kind of turned into a little bit of Cath from Fangirl until I made some friends. Hope you guys enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I definitely have had some Cath moments. In particular, the struggle to get to the cafeteria and actually eat something... but I feel like I'm learning. :)

      -P.E.

      Delete

What do you think?