WoW - I Was Here

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

I Was Here

January 27, 2015



Cody and Meg were inseparable.
Two peas in a pod.
Until . . . they weren’t anymore.
 
When her best friend Meg drinks a bottle of industrial-strength cleaner alone in a motel room, Cody is understandably shocked and devastated. She and Meg shared everything—so how was there no warning? But when Cody travels to Meg’s college town to pack up the belongings left behind, she discovers that there’s a lot that Meg never told her. About her old roommates, the sort of people Cody never would have met in her dead-end small town in Washington. About Ben McAllister, the boy with a guitar and a sneer, who broke Meg’s heart. And about an encrypted computer file that Cody can’t open—until she does, and suddenly everything Cody thought she knew about her best friend’s death gets thrown into question.
 
I Was Here is Gayle Forman at her finest, a taut, emotional, and ultimately redemptive story about redefining the meaning of family and finding a way to move forward even in the face of unspeakable loss.
It's not realy possible to pass up an upcoming Gayle Forman book, the woman has established herself quite well in the YA book world and I trust that she can deliver.

This one isn't a kind of book I would usually pick up. It just doesn't appeal to me and sounds like a serious sobfest but I'm willing to give it a go.

 What are You Waiting For?

-MARI 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a sobfest, I completely agree. But, as you said, there's no reasonable justification that would mean one shouldn't read anything and everything from Gayle Forman. :)

    Jessie Marie Reads
    my WoW/WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. There will probably be a time when I'm in the mood for a sobfest so I'll definitely be saving this one :)

      -Mari

      Delete
  2. While I wasn't a fan of her latest duology, I know nothing will stop me from reading anything Gayle writes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Just One Day didn't really appeal to me much but I'm willing to see her other works.

      -Mari

      Delete
  3. Hah, I've only read If I Stay so far by her, but I really liked her voice. I'll probably wind up checking this one out too!
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend Where She Went, its my favourite of her works.

      -Mari

      Delete

What do you think?