Cover Wars: Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke vs. Crimson Bound

Cover Wars is a weekly showdown of two beautiful covers. The winner, as voted by you, goes on to face a new cover, and wins bragging rights. This is basically a fun way to discuss what we like in covers.

Crimson Bound swept the poll last week in a shutout victory. We can't say this was totally unexpected from the sister of one of last year's most dominant covers. Still, can it hold on against Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke?



Both are sequels to some of Mari's favourite reads (no bias there, I presume?) and both covers are gorgeous. They continue to use elements from their predecessors; in Conspiracy's case, the muted colour tone, and in Crimson Bound, the stairway. Both covers emit a certain mood, foreboding and promising. Without a doubt, this will be a hard battle.

What do you think? As always, you have a week to vote. 

LET THE COVER WARS... BEGIN!

2 comments:

  1. I like both of them, but I had to give the edge to Crimson Bound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tough one! I'm glad I don't have to choose... they are my favourites :)

      -Mari

      Delete

What do you think?