The GIF Tag - You've Been Challenged

You guys should know by now that P.E. and I adore the amazing creation that is gifs! So, it was quite a no brainer when I passed by Mel @ TheDailyProphet's tag post. The original creator is unknown at least to my knowledge but Mel was tagged by Reviews From A Bookworm.

Here goes!


Leigh Bardugo - Shadow and Bone


I haven't read this series yet (don't worry it's really high up there) and the only thing I can think of was Russian fur hats. But also, Anastasia. I love the fact that there are some books set in Russia, it's a fascinating country and culture and I'm super excited to learn more. My latest addiction, ever since I watched a documentary in the 5th grade, has been the Romanov family and their youngest daughter Anastasia. Too bad, the mystery seems to have been squashed though, Anastasia is indeed dead and has been since 1918.


Marissa Meyer - Cinder


Here goes another Disney gif. I actually had a really hard time with this book and after two consecutive failed attempts at getting past the first 100 pages, I've deferred this one to another time. On the fairy tale side, Cinderella was the very first book I ever read and it's quite dear to my heart. As for the Disney adaptation, I haven't seen it.


Markus Zusak - The Book Thief

I always compare the narrator of his book Death with that introduced in The Deathly Hollows.
This is a book that I credit to being amazing because I heard as much repeated a million times but I also have to say that I will probably not read it. It is not my cup of tea. The movie however, I plan to see because I feel the story is still worth knowing and probably very powerful.


Rae Carson - The Girl of Fire and Thorns

Oh Shaggie
Another series I kind of gave up on after the first book. I just couldn't connect with the world and the main character. Although, I initially enjoyed the book and probably wrote a colourful review, now I feel like the author tried too hard to make the character seem average to the point that it kind of offended me in my average body image. 


Robin LaFevers - Grave Mercy


Oh my goodness!! Get on this one people. I am a super fan of assassins and assassin nuns cannot be any cooler. I really enjoyed this one to the point of finishing all 500 pages in one day which is uncommon for me. Ever since I've been a devout fan of the series and the author so I feel it is my duty to direct you all to this amazing series! Advertisement done. 

INTERESTING FACT! Grave Mercy is set in Brittany around the time they lost their sovereignty to France and Assassins Creed Unity for which I have the gif is set in France during the Revolution!


Kristin Cashore - Graceling

Read it, dude with the tail is pointing at you!
Another absolute favourite and probably where I got my love for fantasy thing and Eon. The thing that I still remember is that this book taught be about heterochromia, the condition in which both eyes are not the same colour which I find fascinating.


Maggie Stiefvater - The Raven Boys



I was very much planning on getting a raven gif but since I'm terrified of birds in general I'm staying away. This series is not something that has garnered my attention. Despite many recommendations, the synopsis just doesn't call for me. Sorry!


Julie Kagawa - The Immortal Rules

One Piece - Nami kicking butt
Another one I tried, got confused and left for later. All I can think of from the bit I read and the synopsis is kickass.


Marie Rutkoski - The Winner's Curse.


Squeals of joy.  Gosh do I love the protagonist of this book and think she is as amazing as my favourite female pirate, Elizabeth Swann! I had a hard time choosing but this gif sure personifies who Kestrel is at the moment but I have a feeling she will be the pirate (not literally) that Elizabeth Swann grew to be.

Laini Taylor - Daughter of Smoke and Bone

Gotta love them Pirates!
I have no idea what this one is about despite having wanted to read since the time it came out. One day...

Now for the book I tag:

Twilight - Stephanie Meyers
Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling
Eon - Allison Goodman
City of Bones - Cassandra Clare
Divergent - Veronica Roth
I Hunt Killers - Barry Lyga
Poison Study - Maria V. Snyder
Cruel Beauty - Rosamund Hodge
Prisoner of Smoke and Fog

This was super fun and I hope you guys enjoyed it. I tag everyone who read this and wants to do it! One special tag  goes to P.E. I want to see your answers :)

Hope Ya'll Enjoyed!

-MARI

2 comments:

  1. I love this tag! I may have to do it :) Love your gifs, especially Shaggy and Elizabeth Swan haha, love them! I really need to read Grave Mercy and Graceling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should it's quite fun looking for gifs, they are one of my favourite things. I knew I spelt Shaggy wrong, oh dear and thank you! Glad you enjoyed :)

      -Mari

      Delete

What do you think?