YA Movies: Worth Watching?

So there are still many upcoming YA movies. Some of them we've read and enjoyed the books of and some not so much. Others we just haven't read yet. With the ever growing YA movie scene, sometimes we forget some movies and it's nice to round them all up sometimes and discuss them. See if we're into them or not.


The Giver 


Release Date: Aug 15, 2014

I did read this one. It was required reading. I don't like required reading and no matter how much people talk about this being one of the original dystopias I can't appreciate it because all I can remember is doing reading comprehension questions, which I despise. Nevertheless, I am open minded about the movie. I like the trailer and the cast. It seems that it is very well done and the movie makers stuck to the original storyline.

Will I Watch It: Maybe, one day.


The Maze Runner


Release Date: 19 Sept/2-14

What to say... I read this one a couple of years ago and found myself really enjoying it. Then it started to stretch out. The plot slowed and my interest waned. In the end, I found that I enjoyed it but the story didn't stay with me. As for the movie, the trailer once again looks really good. I love seeing the maze come alive and some of the details from the book also seem present like the boys' way of talking.

Will I Watch It: Maybe, one day.

The Book Thief

Release Date: 27 Nov./2013

This one I haven't read and I'm not sure if I will. I don't usually go into a sobfest intentionally. I did see the trailer to this one and I'm very curious as to seeing the movie. I think this one I'm going to watch before reading the book to see if it will inspire me to do so.

Will I Watch it: Most probably


In The Works:

Paper Towns


I loved The Fault in our Stars movie soo much! Soo much. Paper Town is set to be produced by the same people and wow am I excited. I haven't read this one but I own a copy and will jump on it once I get some incentive.. a trailer might do.

Looking For Alaska



This is probably the next most popular John Green book after The Fault In Our Stars and the one I'm most excited for. I don't know what it's about except for a girl named Alaska that apparently needs to be looked for... The movie is being worked on by a Canadian lady so.. yay! I don't know much.. I'm excited.

Fantastic Beast and Where To Find Them


Holy Freaking YES PLEASE! J.K. Rowling is writing the screenplay and I'm going to jump for joy once I see this beast come to life. I love Harry Potter as any sane person should (looking at all you insane people!) and I'll take anything J.K. Rowling will give me.

7 comments:

  1. The Maze Runner movie was awesome! I actually liked it better than the book (but then again, the book I didn't like THAT much, mostly because of the writing, so not sure if I'm the best source of info for that haha)
    The Giver was okay- they did actually change a lot of things from the book and made the movie a bit more "Hollywood-ised", but it was still a decent movie overall.
    Quite excited for Paper Towns as well! Not so sure about Cara whatever, but Nat Wolff should be an amazing lead! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard quite a lot of good things about The Maze Runner movie which is making me want to reconsider. I agree with you on the book, I didn't much enjoy it either. The Giver looks really well made, not a fan of the book but I think the movie can do better if it is hollywoodised.

      -Mari

      Delete
  2. I'm not so sure about The Giver movie, but The Maze Runner movie was absolutely fantastic! I think it could possibly be better than the book! :O As for The Book Thief, I plan to watch it after I read the book because *gasp* I haven't read it yet. I'm really intrigued by Fantastic Beasts but of course I plan on watching and LOVING it haha! Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you thought so about The Maze Runner, I need get on that one. As for The Book Thief, I haven't read it either and probably wont... I know I know, shhh.

      Hands down can't wait for Fantastic Beast, anything Harry Potter has a special place in my heart.

      -Mari

      Delete
  3. I really wanna see The Giver. I wanna see Maze Runner too. But I haven't read the book, I'm not sure I will, I'll prolly see the movie first then decide. I also am like the only person who isn't too Keene on read The Book Theif. I'd be open to seeing the mivie though!
    Great post!

    -Dee @ Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You not alone, I'm not too keen on The Book Thief either, it's nothing to do with the book, I just don't feel the need to read it but I'm totally up for the movie :)

      -Mari

      Delete
  4. Oh definitely watch The Book Thief! It was soooo good.

    That's the only one we've seen from this list. Your "Will I Watch It" ratings are probably the same as ours, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?