Spotlight - Outlander

Outlander- Diana Gabaldon (Outlander #1)

Release Date: July 26, 2005
Age Group: Adult
Pages: 627

The year is 1945. Claire Randall, a former combat nurse, is just back from the war and reunited with her husband on a second honeymoon when she walks through a standing stone in one of the ancient circles that dot the British Isles. Suddenly she is a Sassenach—an “outlander”—in a Scotland torn by war and raiding border clans in the year of Our Lord...1743.

Hurled back in time by forces she cannot understand, Claire is catapulted into the intrigues of lairds and spies that may threaten her life, and shatter her heart. For here James Fraser, a gallant young Scots warrior, shows her a love so absolute that Claire becomes a woman torn between fidelity and desire—and between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.
 Goodreads 




Hehe!!



  • -Time travel done right: I am very cautious to time travel because albite liking history, I don't much like the integration of the modern with the old. But with this book both periods are history at this point. Makes for a fantastic read. 

  • -Scotland. The visuals, the brilliance, the gallantry, the rudimentary stable talk, and the kilts... Who can forget the kilts. 

  • -Scottish men. "You are safe," he said firmly. "You have my name and my family, my clan, and if necessary, the protection of my body as well. " 

  • -Political Intrigue. The story moves from post-WW2 to 1740s Scotland in the middle of the battle for Scotland. 

  • -Jamie Fraser -- "Je Suis Pres!" --- Swoon

  • -Phenomenal leading lady, Clare Randall. 

  • -Because I say so? 

  • -Because you are missing out on life without having read it. 

  • -Because I'm dying to share it with people. 

  • -Because... please? 

  • -Ohh also Sam Hueghen is hot.. there that should do it. Should've started with that.


Similar Titles: (Adult historical romances I enjoyed)


Book Trailer:


-MARI

6 comments:

  1. Haha - I've got to say I'm getting increasingly more interested in reading Outlander. The time travel is what is bothering me. I feel like too much tension is going to happen with me and this book. I don't know - time travel done right sounds good to me.
    I love the quote you have of Scottish men like dang I want to know who said that and marry them lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on then! I was also worried about the time travel aspect but I think it was handled phenomenally. Maybe watch the show to give yourself a feel, that's what I did. Haha, I'm thoroughly enthralled by Scottish men right now :)

      -Mari

      Delete
  2. I won a giveaway and chose this as my book, so happy to hear such good things about it. I'm looking forward to reading the book and then I'll finally be able to start watching the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, great choice! I really hope you enjoy. As for the show I'm dying until April the 4th ahhh!

      -MAri

      Delete
  3. I started watching the show, fell in love with Claire, with Jamie, with Scotland, with Claire and Jaime, with the Scottish accent... so while waiting for the Wedding episode I read the first book and fell even more in love with everything!! Now the wait for the second half of season 1 is long and I'm hoping to get into Dragonfly in Amber soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. I innocently watched the first episode and have been warped in the world ever since. I actually just finished Dragonfly in Amber and I definitely recommend it. You have to work your way through the first bit and then everything goes back to normal. I'm honeslty dying for the rest of TV show I need it to balance out the books!

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?